• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

line counters

muchowja

Question

5 answers to this question

I had a shakespere... big thumbs down only lasted me 2 months before it stopped working. No reciept either. I will not buy another one from them and cant recommend them either. I have heard good things about diawa tho.

If you don't want to fork out the cash you can always buy one of the clip on counters. With these it is'nt as critical on the amount of line you have on the reel. I prefer the digital ones. They are about 15 bucks and you throw them away when they qit working. Mine last me about one season.
This year I am going with actual line counter reels.
Are the Diawas that cabelas sells with thier combos top quality? I have heard they are OK what do you guys think?

ABU Garcia has a new add on line counter for the C3 & C4 series right hand reels.
AdvanPhoto.gif
I installed one the other night in less then 5 min, very simple. Looks to be a darn Handy system, calibrates for super-braids and special lines too.

Ambassadeur%20C3%20Line%20Counter%20Seri
They run $45 for the add on kit, and also come in the C-3 & C-4 models assembled if you wish a pre-assembled reel.

I set mine up on a C-4, great reels.
CategoryButton.jpg

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

BWGedcatlogobar.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-18-2003).]