Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roger_Tango

Is Bitter mostly passable by truck?

9 posts in this topic

Headed out Sunday for 5 days just checking to see if we need the snowmobiles or not.

Last weekend, I fished Waubay and a few others near Webster. I did not get a chance to run over to Bitter, but I was told they were driving trucks. All the lakes I was on or drove by had trucks. There is very little snow in the area and very thick ice. Bring an extension.

Call Sportsman's Cove and they will give you an update on Bitter.

You will, be just fine. I was just there last weekend. There are drifts that will get you though. Snow is rock hard.

Might want to bring an auger extension also!

Good luck

Drifts are starting to build and become unseeable, pulled out quite a few guys and got stuck 4 times the three days we fished.

Wondering what the conditions are? We are thinking about pulling the ice castle out this weekend. Is that even going to be a possibility with the warmer temps? Thanks for the input.

How's the ice out there? We are hoping to come out Friday morning and give it a try. Did the last week snow fall hurt in getting around the lake?

Good ice. Was out there last weekend. Just don't go out of the Bitter lake lodge access, there's an ice heavy out from there. Go out of southeast access and you can get anywhere you like. Just a thin layer of crusty snow. Fishing was very spotty at best.