• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to ride this weekend?

FishHawk11

I decided that I am going somewhere this weekend. Wondering if anyone who was lucky enough this last weekend has some trail info they can share with me. I am in St. Cloud. How far do I have to go to find decent snowmobiling. I drive every other weekend to Detroit Lakes to pick up my daughter and last weekend I made the trip, would have loved to been able to stay up there and go last weekend, but that wasn't in the cards. I know from DL to Bemidji is pretty good. I just don't want to trailer them all that way if I don't have to as we will just be going for the day. Thanks in advance.

Go to Nevis/Park Rapids. Rode the area last Saturday and the trails were perfect. The ditches had over a foot and the lakes were untouched with about 8-12 inches on them. Might run up again on Saturday if time allows.

You could also trailer to Hackensack and ride to Walker back to Park Rapids over to Nevis and back to Hackensack. Nice ride.

I'm thinking about starting in Pequot Lakes on the Paul Bunyan and running to Walker. Depending on time and trail conditions we'll head towards Bemidji. If its not good we will head towards Akely and Nevis. Hope to get in some good miles. Should be able to go straight from the cabin on Sunday and ride wherever(if the weather men/women are right, fingers crossed)

Made a big loop Friday, got a late start and didnt get moving until almost 3:00. We rode from Brainerd to Akley, Nevis, Nimrod and then back. About 190 miles total. Trails were not great, but not real bad either considering the little snow they have. We were planning a bigger loop for today but had to cut it short due to my old (previously trusty) sled developing a pretty good leak on my chain case seal. I'm not too surprised with 13,000 some miles on it. Picked up some lube and had to top it off but made it back ok. I managed to find seals in stock on the way home so I'll get it cleaned up and put back together for next week.

I've been chasing the snow the last couple weekends to make up for not riding at all in December and January. We had it planned to head to the cities to spend the weekend with the family....so I think I am going to hook up the trailer and bring them with me. My question is, is it really worth it? I was on the phone with a contractor who's in Lakeville and said the trails "looked rough". Will this blast of snow be enough to make it worth my while. Thought about heading southwest, but sounds like going south might be better. If anyone has reports I would love to hear them!