Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

Magellan MapSend Topo Software

9 posts in this topic

Got the software from a buddy at work. I installed the complete software on my hard drive.

Should lakes, like Mille Lacs, have the contour lines (topography) showing? Even after zooming in, I don't see any. Any help out there? I see some elevation lines on land.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 01-15-2003).]

I am not 100% sure about this but I have been told that the Magellan mapsend topo software does not show lake depths or contours. It only shows the dry land contour info. If I am wrong please let me know as I just bought a new Magellan Meridain Marine GPS and am looking into which software to buy.

I have a magellan and use Delorme Topo 4.0 mapping software, which works fairly good. You can then buy 7.5 minute topoquads for whatever state you want. Topo 4.0 does not have lake depth contours and I don't know if the state topoquads do, but I seriously doubt it.

yup, already have that on the PC. You can keep track of points and descriptions with that at least.