• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another flasher question...Can you leave flasher in the truck all night or all day?

Swill

Question

Wondering if cold weather harms flashers or drains the battery. I bought a new Marcum lx-3 and today I am heading out fishing after work. I am all loaded up and just wondering if cold weather will harm the lx3. My buddy has a fl-8 and he always takes it in at night but it is ok during the day. Just wondering....

6 answers to this question

I leave my Zercom in the pickup in the cold with no ill affects. I have a smart charger and last week was the first time I put it on and it read less than full but I went five 6hr trips on the charge and it still read 1/3. Its probably best not to let it freeze but I know mine has on several occasions and it still works great.

Swill - Not a problem... I have done this a couple of times. Loaded up the night before and left the LX-3 in the van till I departed in the morning, no problems. I like to do that when my neighbors away on vacation and I can use his garage. Have my coffee, throw the spikes in my jacket pocket, a lunch and a couple of sodas and I'm out the door.

Vexilar encourages you to charge them after every use. I do and I have never had a battery go bad. I always bring my units in out of the cold at night. Again never had a flasher unit go bad. This year it has not dipped down too cold so most garages might be fine if the unit is in a vehicle.

It has always been a habit for me to bring them in and charge after every use. Not a bad one either, stuff seams to last longer that way.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

I've always brought mine in every night to charge as well... It is better for the batter to keep it topped off.. Not sure how much difference it makes though... I'm on my 2nd batter in 5 yrs. on my vex.

Yup, every couple of months I put the battery on the charger to top it off. It generally hold up fine, just make sure it is disconected when you store it.

I use my Vex flasher in the summer too so that stays on the job all year long.