Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
shefland

arctic cat 440 panther

Well I just purchased a 1994 Panther 440 with 1200 miles on it, hasn't been used since 2008, stabil in the fuel, siphoned out fuel, put in some new non oxygenated gas and some seafoam, runs good but only can get 30 mph out of it? now I do not need to go crazy on speed but surely this should do about 55 wouldn't it? Possible clue I found a bag of 12 used spark plugs in the storage area, any ideas on what I should check for?thanks Dave

check your compression it should be at least 75lbs maby more?, then clean your carbs, new spark plugs, sea foam in the gas. is it doggy when you first take off or does it have snap then get to 30 mph then quit?

I used Stabil once and never used it again, left a bunch of green gunk in my carbs and it took a good cleaning to fix that. You'll probably need to pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning, also check and make sure your chokes are sliding good where they go into the carbs, sometimes they can get tarnished and even though they slide in, it doesn't mean they are working correctly, if they don't go all the way down in the tube, they are stuck on. You might want to check the choke thing first.

Sounds to me if you found a bag of plugs in the back, it might be running rich.

Mike

If the sled has not been run for a few years DO NOT run it until you clean the carbs. There will be gunk in them and if the main jets plug up it will cause a lean burn and damage the pistons/cylinders. In 1994 the carbs were Mikuni round slides and as Mike mentioned the choke plungers can stick. Be sure to clean them well and they will cause a boggy rich run that fouls plugs fast. Also, check the carb boots for cracks/splits as this can cause lean conditions as well.

I would also clean the primary clutch, pull the secondary and lube the shaft so it slides easily, and grease every zerk on the suspension with low temp grease. Do a visual check for loose wires and missing screws/nuts. and give it a good wash down with foaming engine degreaser to clean things up.

Update on my Arctic Cat, changed plugs, put on a new belt, still only 30 mph, disconnected all hoses from the carb and used a air compressor to blow it out, reconnected, fired it up, and its now a rocket! at least to me, thanks for everyones input, now with a little luck I am back in business.