• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Question

Question

I just bought the Otter II small den. I was wondering how you fold the shack up so it looks like it does in the pictures on the booklet. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I can't remember how the brochure does it, but after retracting the poles inside I go around to the back of the house and push the canvas skin into the center of the sled front, back and then side/length on each layer starting with the back layer and continue folding and pushing in each layer in all the way to the front-kinda reminds me of an accordian folding up. I also have the slip over cover that I snug over the top of the loaded sled-this not only keeps my gear safe inside but protects the canvas around teh edges while towing it across the lake and helps deter any burglars from looking at all my gear in the back of my truck.

Thanks for the replies. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I can't wait to get her out on the ice. I really like the windows on all four sides plus the two air vents. I thought about getting a Frabill ranger solo, but the heavier canvas of the Otter sold me. I might have gone with the Fish Trap Pro, but the size of the sled was rediculous.
Thanks again.