• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King Crow Houses: Info/Opinions wanted...

Dan97

Question

Howdy All...

I was up in Kingston Mn. today and checked out King Crow ice houses. They seem rather nice, but on my tight schedule I was unable for a complete "tour". The only problem (for me anyway) is the width of 6'6" as opposed to 8'. What do you think of these houses? Do you or anyone you know have one? How do you/they like it? Any dislikes?

An info/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks......Dan

2 answers to this question

I too looked into them first when I was looking for my house, but to be honest the 6'6" house is too narrow for a "more permanent" house. I even asked about getting an 8' house and they said they wouldn't even consider it. So I went north,...to Franks RV,..they make both widths and and length you want. Being 6'3" there was no way I would be able to squeeze into a bunk that was on the short wall,.....go 8' it will be a big difference!