Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkunkedAgain

Barometer

4 posts in this topic

In the Open Water forum there was a post about using barometer readings for fishing. Not wanting to hi-jack the post, here is my question: Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a decent barometer?

At my cabin, I've got a combo thermometer/humidity/barometer thing that I bought at FF. I feel like I don't get good readings off of it. I don't want to spend $200 on a barometer but wouldn't mind getting a decent one. Any recommendations on what to buy and where?

As a side note, I've considered the digital kind but my cabin is not winterized and am not sure if letting the unit consistently freeze and thaw is good for it in the long term.

Do a quick search online and a few different kinds will pop up, not sure if there is much difference between the ones out there.

the temps dont affect them.. its basicly a very sensitive pressure gauge.. it you blow on the back the pressure goes up.