Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmc

Rod and reel issues?

4 posts in this topic

The reel seat on my musky rod is loose so it turns left and right on the rod. Is there an easy fix to this, other than buying a new rod?

Also my Ambasseduer reel acted up today. It will wind the line on the spool properly for a couple handle turns and then the line leveler that moves back and forth, gets stuck to the right side and only spools line on the far right side of the spool? Is there any easy fix to this or do I need to send it in?

The only high point for me musky fishing this week was my 11 year old daughter having her 1st 'ski on. Tuesday night @ 9:10pm she was casting a Hellraiser Cherry Twist topwater and she told me it "stopped". I said set the hook and she did. It looked like a mid 30" 'ski when it jumped completely out of the water and spit her lure. She had the shakes big time after that. Good laughs!!!

Thanks,

Brian

I just had that happen on my C3 7000 last week. I took it apart and the worm gear was bent. I called Abu and they sent a new worm gear out that I got 2 days later. Cost me $12.97.