• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the Most Comfortable Hang On Stand?

Hey Guys,

I'm always looking for a better stand for all day hunts. The two most comfy hang ons I have now are a Gorilla w/arm/foot rest, and an Ameristep Grizzly (arm/footrest/and hanging seat.)

I've recently been looking at the Millenium Hang on. Does anybody own one?

Any input on comfortable stands would be great. Arm rests and foot rests are important to me, weight is not.

My lone wolfs are the most comfortable for me. Being able to move a bit without making a pop or squeak is nice.

What model do you like? I love my wolf sit/climb, the sling type seat is awesome, but I don't see their hang-ons as being comfortable for 12 hours.

(I also have the wolf hand climber seat and hate it, sitting on a wood bleacher is just a comfy. But maybe I'm just a wussy smile )

By far I gotta go with the Trophyline Tree Saddle. But if your looking for arm and foot rests then its not for you.

I have heard of these before. How do you prefer to hunt with them? Steps/ladder sections?

Here is another guestion. Could I use it in conjunction with my climber- meaning using my lone wolf hand climber portion as a foot platform and the tree saddle as my top (seat portion)? And climb a tree?? Essentialy making the worlds lighest climber? (9 lbs) You could walk new counrty all day and if you found some hot sign be up in the tree in no time smile

Follow my madness?

Originally Posted By: buckhunter21
By far I gotta go with the Trophyline Tree Saddle. But if your looking for arm and foot rests then its not for you.

I have heard of these before. How do you prefer to hunt with them? Steps/ladder sections?

Here is another guestion. Could I use it in conjunction with my climber- meaning using my lone wolf hand climber portion as a foot platform and the tree saddle as my top (seat portion)? And climb a tree?? Essentialy making the worlds lighest climber? (9 lbs) You could walk new counrty all day and if you found some hot sign be up in the tree in no time smile

Follow my madness?

I have only used them with steps because I dont have any climbing sticks. I can get usually get set up in a little over 5 minutes depending on how fast and how many steps I put in. I would like to get some sticks because I think I could get set up even faster but you would still probably want a couple of steps at the top of the ladder for a place to rest your feet.

I dont think using your climber would work like that becasue you have to tie the strap of the tree saddle around the tree and you would constantly have to keep tieing and untieing the strap until you got up high enough. I have sat in my tree saddle before and used a portable stand that was alreay up as the foot rest just because it is more comfortable to sit in than on a portable seat so using your climber like it was designed to get up in the tree then sitting in the saddle would work but if your gonna take the time to carry your climber in the woods you might as well just bring some steps or sticks with and save some weight.

I own 3 Milleniums. Couldn't be more comfortable. Easy to hang because of the bracket. Quite lightweight. Pretty quiet too. I can shoot my bow without much trouble while seated. I recommend cinch or ratchet strap on bottom after hanging for added sturdyness.