Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN Angler

lower unit problems

5 posts in this topic

I just replaced the impeller in my lower unit and am having trouble getting the lower unit back on. It is a 15hp 1983 Evinrude. The model numbers are as follows:E15RCTA , E0202904. I am able to get it all the way up but when shifting my gears are now messed up. What do I have to put the lower unit and main motor in for it to work? Is there any easy way of doing this? I spent 4 hours and feel like I have tried everything.

Thanks for the help

MN Angler

It can be a tough one, for any model. I have 25 hp evinrude and 40, 50, 150 hp mercs. The mercs are easier.

I know my rude is different than your 15 hp so can't really say. If the linkage adjustment is a "screw type" then it is like mine was, and you have to make sure to keep the bottom portion from moving - it is like two nuts if I recall, and make sure you only screw the top to tighten it. I screwedd the bottom, and it changed the adjustment and the same thing happened to me that happened to you. (It could be vice versa, I can't recall 100%.)

I wish I could help you more, but I had to take lower unit off twice for the rude as well, and had to run it in garge can full of water, as I didn't have muffs to test it...

Good luck! Others will be more help than me I am sure smile

I believe your outboard has the access window to coupler.

I'm guessing you don't have the sift rods set into the coupler all the way.

Since you have the lower unit on, put the shift lever into neutral. Through the window to coupler, remove one bolt(same bolt your removed to free the sift rod). Pull the lower sift rod into the coupler(I use a large hemostat), install the bolt and tighten.

No access cover on that one, you just have to have the case lowered enough to get to the coupler. I would agree that the shift shaft is not in the coupler all the way. The indentation in the shaft should be in the screw hole, if that makes any sense.

ok that must be my problem then, the shift shaft not all the way in the coupler. The old coupler and screws were kinda beat up so I decided to get new ones just have to find time to give it another whirl. Thanks again everyone

MN Angler

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Sounds like the Preds and Pens were also hot after him so we won the bidding war, that would explain the price. We might end up facing the Preds in the first round so better we have him than them. Don't know much about Hanzel but from what I am reading he is big, good face off & pk guy and contributes a little offence. Maybe not a huge upgrade over Haula but having him on the 4th could be huge for us if him and Stewart can get something going. White looks kind of like a depth 4th liner so there is that as well. Should be a fun rest of the season, always fun to get new toys around March even if they haven't worked out in the past.
    •   And yet more credible than Trump:  
    •   Paradox : BD2 and an open mind.
    • It's been going on for years. Just look at how many times the Howard Stern show has pranked the news with fake guests.
    • Maybe some people feel a  lbgt,, black lives matter, sierra club, feminist, white guilt, supported candidate better represents them than say an NRA endorced candidate.
    •    I think they do as good of a job as to be expected. Pills are highly regulated. International web deliveries and dirty doctors are a little tricky to weed out.      Nope, we'll use your logic and decriminalize driving under the influence.   Problem solved.   Should eradicate fatalities of those types as since it is legal, it no longer appeals to folks, they stop doing it.     Explain in detail, in a country, filled with people who love over consumption, that consume 80% of the drugs on the entire planet, how that would work.   Start stuttering.     That's about right. One word in depth answers.   On an idea that will not work in this country.   "I think we can learn that we should stop being reflexively opposed when someone else does [decriminalize] and should take seriously the possibility that anti-user enforcement isn't having much influence on our drug consumption," says Mark Kleiman, author of the forthcoming When Brute Force Fails: How to Have Less Crime and Less Punishment and director of the drug policy analysis program at UCLA. Kleiman does not consider Portugal a realistic model for the U.S., however, because of differences in size and culture between the two countries.   http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html        It's your idea, you explain it and sell it.   You lazy fraud.
    • Wowza, I guess we are going for, no better year I suppose. We are now crazy deep at center and that is a good good thing, hopefully the new guys can mesh with the lineup right away.
    • So much fun to watch the media just lose all credibility, I suspect there will be more fun to come.

• I think he means keep the prisons full and the private prison industry in money at all costs. Welcome to the wonderful world of donor $$$ "trumping" common sense. Nothing like buying laws so you can profit, not that this is anything new.
    •   Easy for those who can see beyond their front window.  
  • Our Sponsors