• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LIGHTS PLEASE.

jsondag

What is the cutoff for towing behind a boat? I've heard sunset? Just curious because a few lakes I frequent have wakeboarders being pulled well past sunset and it's incredibly dangerous (also running without lights). I've been tempted to call the sheriff several times but wanted to clarify.

Just as a reminder though.......if a boat is at anchor after dark, it is only required to have the white light on. Only if the boat is moving is it required to have all of the navigational lights (white/red/green) turned on.

I think this is silly. Even if the boat is at anchor with only its white light on, you still don't know where the bow of the boat is. All lights should be turned on at all times after dark.

Just got back from fishing sugar, had the scare of my life 11:45 at night and come up on some kids in tubes in the middle of the lake, where are these kids parents and what the hell are they thinking. I just thank god I was just putting around normally don't go to fast at night anyway but they didn't even have a way to warn anyone they were there. I've had close calls with boats without lights before but this takes the cake a good way to get killed like I said I just thank god nobody got hurt except for a little verbal abuse.

Man I have to be the most color blind person you will ever meet. The Red/Green lights do nothing for me. I only will get up on plane and use a spotlight when I am moving so that I can see others. Lost my bearings one time and even at 5mph almost took out a dock that didn't have reflectors. Now I have a boat with gps and lakemaster chips to keep me off of shore and sandbars... lol. I think strobe lights on the bow of boats would be cool and catch more attention on lakes that have a lot of shore lights.

I have always been uneasy driving at night. Came accross a couple of kayachter on a moonless night. I didn't come close to hitting them but I wouldn't have notice them until it was to late. After that I troll back to the boat landing if its pinch black.

Was on Waconia Friday morning an hour before sunrise and think I saw two other boats that actually had lights on. Funny thing is there was probably 10 boats between then and sunrise that had neither front or rear lights on. I guess I should just drive around my neighborhood without my headlights on. I mean that sounds pretty safe and that means I can save my finger strength that I would otherwise use on the switch for diggin in my nose.