• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hubs for '85 Silverado

I haven't been driving it much at all for the last several years, basically using it for runs to the dump and hauling firewood, but I'm putting my old Chevy Silverado 4x4 back in shape for regular work. It's a 1985.

The 4x4 remains functional but has been grinding and scraping. I'm anticipating new hubs.

In your opinion, tell me which brand of replacement hubs are the best combination of functionality and price. Price is a big consideration on this.

And I've never replaced 4x4 hubs before. I've got the Chilton's manual for the vehicle and have done a lot of light/medium service on a lot of cars/trucks over the years. This seems like not such a tough job to replace them, but how tough is it really?

Thanks in advance for the help, fellas!

Real easy, I put a set of Warn manual locking in my 1990 full size Blazer to replace the automatic hubs I had for durability. They have never failed me and I just sold the vehicle after 19 years frown.

With that being said I have heard Warn hubs sometimes wont work on the 80's models as sometimes they are a bit longer than the origanals and the locking ring wont go on

I have heard SuperWinch makes a good hub and are closer to the specs and no one seems to be having problems with them but I dont know who caries them.

Warn seems to be what the auto stores carry.