Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

#28 & counting...

4 posts in this topic

That's the exact number of Richardson ground squirrels I have managed to "live" trap around the home thus far this summer! The fact that I quit killing critters (large & small) years ago makes the task of live trapping a little more challenging than placing a chunk of lead behind an ear! grin

IMG_1277p-1.png

I decided that since I was relocating them away from our home after they were safely secured in the live trap, that I might as well take the camera along and fire off a few pic's after the release.

Sometimes they bolt for the sanctuary of tall grass and sometimes they stop to get their bearings. When they stop it's time for a quick pic or two!

IMG_1279p-1.png

IMG_1281o-1.png

IMG_1282i-1.png

Stu, totally cute lil thirteen-lined ground squirrel. Tack sharp, nicely lit! To where do you relocate these guys?

Thanks Steve! As for relocation, just down the road! Our driveway is a 1/4 mile long and the road leading to our home is gravel with a deep drainage ditch that runs along the west side of the road. Very little vehicle traffic out our way, however there are plenty of hawks who in turn probably appreciate my efforts! wink