• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Think We Know This Guy? Flathead State Rec. Here We Come.

Shack

No different than what the people from the south put up with from the people of the north around the end oct.

Your correct; I suppose it depends on whos ox is being gored, but point me in the direction of a 25 yr old pheasant cause I gotta see that specimen.

I agree totally i wouldnt trade a pheasant for a 50 pd flatty anyday . I just dont like the finger pointing being done about the south ,west , east etc. ive been flathead fishing for ten years now i have only kept 1 because 9 years ago me and a buddy of mine got in a catfish tournament in the north and he caught a 38 pounder we were pretty excited the only bad part was it had been tied up for about a week the groove on the bottom jaw bone was huge from the stringer . so sat morning we took the fish in to be weighed and in this huge cow tank there were 12 or so 30plus pound OXES laying belly up a guy comes up to me and says have you ever ate one of those i said no too big for me and he said they have to be big to get any belly meat off it. He said grab some take them home were just going to throw them away later anyway . I rest my case

Elwood it was but thats my point all the people from the south dont keep fish either. i pay alot of money to come up to fish those big flatties the thrill is the catch not the taste . but it was like they made it sound like the river was full of flatheads so we didnt know any better until i met guys like dennis and kevin and rob who made it very clear u dont come up here and catch 10 or so nice flatties at will.

I wasnt saying that either just sorry that you ran in to the BP contest guys. I used to fish that contest pretty much from when it started and dont think I missed one up until about 4-5 or years ago when it was apperant that these people didnt care for the fish and there were a host of other things that went on also and I will not mention them. I would just a soon fish that night and catch the fish that could win take a pic of it and relase it. Knowing that that fish will stand a better chance of living than if it was in the circus of the BP contest. I will not pay to fish a contest where the fish is the only loser.