• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

soon i will be on my way west to help my brother move. would like to do some fishing while i am out there. being a musky freak i would love to track down some tigers if possible. but i cannot seam to track down any info on where they may have been stocked? any info anyone can help with?

if not i was thinking about fishing stagecoach for some pike - any thoughts there?

thanks for any help.

MT

Check out Big Creek Lake(s), there is a upper and lower and I know they have Tigers in there, Walden will be your closest town, not sure where you will be. I believe it is about 40 mile drive that will put you near the Wy. / Co. border.

We have Elk hunted up there for many years but I have never fished the lake.

Mike

I found a couple pictures I took a few years ago when we were out driving around before season opened.

bigcreek.jpg

Can't imagine too many other places I would like to be other than somewhere in this picture on a blue bird day in the fall in Colorado.

bigcreek4.jpg

Hope you have good fishing! Give us a report if you happen to make it up there, pictures are good too.....

If you want, google up North Park Anglers, they have some current reports on there, might be a place to call if you looking for more lakes with Tigers in them, they might know where some might be.

Mike

I will be fishing there next week...(July 9th-12th)) Ive seen a few Tigers at Big Creek, mainly in the river that flows out out of the lower lake, Theres a spillway there and a bridge that crosses the river.....fish the undercut banks below that bridge.

-Dave

It was another great trip.....We caught ALOT of decent fish, the biggest was one a 22in. Rainbow. The Big Creek area fish the LOVE large ugly dry flies....#10 yellow Stimulators were the ticket. If you more specifics on locations email me at the address below.

-Dave