• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flats moving to Spawn??

SteveD

Skunked again tonight. Had a couple of short runs but I am pretty sure that is was gar. They were all around the hole that I was fishing - pesky critters. Beautiful night but a fish or two would have made it a perfect night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 74.3 water temp tonight, boated 4 fish, lost a nicer one and missed 3, all fish boated were under 10 lbs. Do the smaller fish spawn later/not at all? In the past the locations I was fishing haven't held many fish but have held nicer ones, but not so tonight.

We had the same water temp with 3 Flats boated and all under 10 lbs.

Originally Posted By: riverrat56
I had a 74.3 water temp tonight, boated 4 fish, lost a nicer one and missed 3, all fish boated were under 10 lbs. Do the smaller fish spawn later/not at all? In the past the locations I was fishing haven't held many fish but have held nicer ones, but not so tonight.

We had the same water temp with 3 Flats boated and all under 10 lbs.

Yes sir! Great time, thanks a lot Bob ... good meetin ya!

It was the same for us many fish boated with all being 10 lbs or less. Last night was one of those night I just seemed to have the fish gods smiling down on me. I can't believe how perfect eveything was weather was great, boat travel was ok, with NO fog! I did however shell the prop beoynd repair on the way back, but was able to limp back to the landing. Well time to start looking for a new prop.

lastnight was a great night out! We only boated one fish and it was not scuffed up at all. It was a personal best for dsm95's other half... and the best part is that Brent now has to live with the fact that his wife has a bigger personal best fish than he does!

MNwild there was a Hook in this fish... Ill show it to you... you might find it to be a hook you lost in the past!

Skunked again on Sunday, 21 June. Weather was wet and wild - storms with lightning finally ran me off at 2230. All I had to show for the night was one big softshell turtle. I had one rod rigged with a large dead sucker I was using as cut bait and that turtle just couldn't resist it. I found out my Cat Bait Harness works good on turtles too.

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
Better than nothing I suppose

What if, while fighting, unhooking the turtle, a fish swims by where his previous bait lay...think about that wink. Im more dissapointed in catching turtle than I am gar.

Haha thankfully, myself and MNWild have yet to hook into either this year ... we'll see how long our 'luck' lasts though :P

Just got in - skunked again. Water temp was 81 degrees at 11:00pm tonight. This warm weather has really heated up the water and today is the longest daylight day - I'm thinking spawn. I tried new spots and some different sized bait tonight but still no luck. Sure was a nice night for cat fishing.

I agree Steve we were out for over 5 hours with only one small Flathead to show for it and lots and lots of turtle bites and gar. Had a few suckers come back in pieces. Spawn is probably here.
Oh yeah buddy those turtles were lovin' the free dinner! Glad we got Pat hooked into his first cat though! Couple more fishermen hooked on cattin'

one pic of the sons channel and no pics unless over 40 for flats grin I woulda had to line up4 or 5 of those little guys to get 40 inches but man did they have an appitite for 6-7 inch bullies