• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonka

I am fairly new to the Musky craziness and am totally hooked. I have fished several Twin City lakes and of course Mille Lacs but am interested in giving Tonka a go this year. I am wondering what are some of the better bays to fish Musky on Tonka?

Go during the week if you can. Otherwise if you can only get out on the weekend, very early morning or early evening. Recreational traffic gets pretty heavy during the summer and avoiding it is your best bet. As for bait...a lot of these fish see lures all day long. I've had the best success throwing the stuff that isn't as commonly used and varying presentation until you find what they like. Good luck!

all bays on tonka hold muskies, so you can't go wrong. west side will warm up and cool down before the eastside, and milfoil is milfoil wherever it grows.

i'd start by isolating a bay or section on your map, pick out the points/turns/humps and best looks spots, and go fishing - you'll find them. don't forget the inside edge too.