• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance lcX 25 problem?

pointinglabs

Question

My Lcx 25 after about 30seconds starts to read 1.75ft and will not read the real depth. (for the 30 seconds it is correct) Have tried cleaning the transducer,unpluged everything, still will not change. Start up looks like it is normal and then it changes. Everything else works fine just no depth reading. Worked fine last week. first day up north and this happened. Have had the unit new for 3years. Any ideas?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Pointinglabs,

I have the same unit and very little problems with it, It does flash the 1.7 from time to time but when I move out of the weeds and into deeper water it starts reading again.

I have the most current software in it and run it in manual sensitivity, fish id off, auto on depth only.

Mine did that when it was new much more then with sw 1.9 I believe is the most current version.

Clean the bottom of your transducer with a mild dish soap, and make sure it is angled forward just a bit, so the transducer is "looking forward" so to speak. no scratches on the face, or damage to the transducer in any way.

Make sure that you also update the GPS first before you do the locator.

I have owned mine for 3 years, and I hope it doesn't happen to mine next week, ( will be fishing in Alex).

WW

Thanks for the feed back. I was out in 18ft when this happened. I contacted Lowrance and they did not have an answer but they would fix for a flat fee of $299.95 plus $13.00 shipping.(ouch)

Plan on hooking it up to a friends transducer. Hopefully thats the problem. Thanks again

Does the screen "invert" the colors when it goes from working to not working with a distinct vertical line right down the middle of the screen at the point it goes haywire? That's what happened to mine and it was the transducer.

$299.99 to fix a outdated unit..that is just crazy...they should be more then happy to fix ur unit u spend x amout on the unit say 999.99 on the 25 when new..and 3 years later it should still be working..they should at least offer to send u a transducer to try first..Us guys spend all are money on a nice graph just to have it go bad in 3 years..things just arent made to last anymore...I have a x75 on the front of my boat unit is 12-14 years old and still works great same transducer..and it get alot of use..i think lowrance is even making cheeper transducers..because all i hear is bad tranducer all the time..should last longer then 3 years...

Was back out today and unit was working? It did look like the picture at one time. Makes me think start of transducer problems. Was on hold with lowrance service for 18min and then she was pretty rude to talked to. Your right about spending alot of money to have it break down in less than 3 yrs. Have a x85 on the back of boat,vexlir on front and never a problem. Makes me think should stay with the cheaper and throw away when broke. Wish lowrance had better service!!!!!!! Thanks everybody for the info