• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tater Hot Dishes

Looking for recipes for tater hot dishes. I like the simple, good for your soul dishes. I made one the other night:

Ground Turkey - Brown and season to taste

can of corn, can of cream of Celery, cream of Mushroom, mix ingredients and top it off with tater tots, then bake at 350 degrees for about 25-25 minutes. Topped it off with shredded cheddar right before serving.

That's pretty much all I do, but I use Cream of chicken instead of celery. Also use Green Beans instead of corn. You can pretty much mix or match your veggies and soup in these.

They are simple to make and very good as well.

Brown a pound of hamburger along with some diced onion.

Add a can of cream of celery and a can of milk. Mix well and simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.

In a casserole dish put down a layer of tots and pour a portion of the meat mix over the tots.

On top of that layer spoon in some french style green beans.

Repeat with a layer of tots, meat mix, beans, and so on until the dish is full.

Put into oven at 350 for about an hour.

I've added canned corn with the green beans and that is great as well.

I like mine cheesy.

Brown 1 lb ground beef with onions & garlic. Salt & pepper the beef.

Drain grease. Pour into casserole dish and add 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1/2 can of Cream of Cheese & 1/2 can of Cream of Chicken.

While beef is browning, cook 1 small bag of frozen mixed vegetables according to directions and add to the dish along with a can of mushrooms. Re-season with small amount of season salt and pepper (not too much salt cause the soup is loaded with it.)

Mix all together and top with a layer of velveeta cheese.

Top that with tator tots and cook in preheated oven 375 for about 35 minutes or till tots and crunchy and done. If you have an aluminum casserole dish, throw out on the grill if you can maintain your temperature at 350- 375.

Fresh grilled garlic bread is a must to have along side.

Brown 1 1/2 lbs to 2 lbs hamburger with about 1/2 of a medium onion. Drain grease.

In a bowl mix:

1 can cheddar cheese soup

1 1/2 cans cream of celery or cream of chicken soup. (I'm not a mushroom fan so I don't use cream of mushroom)

Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of peas (however much you like)

Put hamburger into in 9 X 13 in baking pan. Pour soup mixture over hamburger & mix well. Top with tater tots. Bake at 425 for 25-30 min until tater tots are browned.