• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing Boots

Question

15 answers to this question

Sportsmans Guide has a few good deals on boots, even the Bunny boots. If you get bunny boots, buy them 1 size larger for sure. I have used them for 15 years, love them. I kick the slush from the hole more often then use a scooper, never get wet.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-22-2002).]

Try 1/4 sheet metal screws in the lugs on your bunny boots. You can run on the ice then.

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-22-2002).]

I purchased some Rocky snowstalkers last year. I think they have a rating of -135? This is if you are active. Just sitting on ice they are probably closer -45 degree rating. My feet didn't get cold once. However, traction was minimal. Especially during early ice. Get a good pair of grippers and your set. You should have a pair anyways to prevent breaking your head open while walking out of that smoke filled fishhouse at 2 in the morning smile.gif

Butch

Here is another vote for the Mickey Mouse boots. They can be found at a lot of military surplus outlets, as well as online. The best ones seem to be made by Bata.

One drawback is they are heavy, so if you do a lot of walking, these are not the best choice.

My feet sweat in them, but they never get cold.

My feet will sweat too in them. I find never wear cotton socks, I use wool only. I keep a extra set of dry socks handy if I am working up too much of a sweat all I have to do is change them. They have no liner to get wet so that is handy. Just change the socks and your all set to roll again.

They are kinda heavy but great for most ice fishing situations, and Eh....if you fall in you float real good too Eh! wink.gif

Look at ALL boots AND how much they WEIGH before you pick a pair...I have done ALOT of looking...and the Rocky Snowstalkers are THE lightest AND warmest. You want light boots for ice fishin especially for running at that flag or pullin you portable!!! I see to many guys with heavy clunky boots that are just as warm as my snowstalkers grin.gif

rocky gets my vote too!!
the ones i have are called pathfinders..
they are an all in one boot ( no packs )i bought mine last winter and i have a fish trap pro i fish out of and my feet never got cold and i didn't wear any heavy socks just my regular crews!! smile.gifwink.gif

------------------
Dwight Skillings
[email protected]

Ive had my lacrosse ice kings for about 8yr and love them!Ive always had trouble with cold feet because they sweat to much and get cold but since Ive had these no problems.I feel they were well worth the money,and no extra socks needed,just what ever you normaly wear.I havent seen them around for a while!Do they still make them?

[This message has been edited by cal (edited 11-22-2002).]