• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3.4 Intake Gasket Replacement Questions

Several weeks ago I replaced the lower intake gasket on my wife's Malibu, 3.1 liter. It seems to be holding so far. Now my daughter-in-law wants me to do the same to her car, a 2000 Impala, 3.4 liter.

I learned a few things doing the 3.1, so hopefully this one will go a little quicker and easier. Is there anything different or special when doing the 3.4 vs. the 3.1?

Are you going to do it this weekend?

I have been meaning to put together a step by step for replacing the LIM gaskets for one of these for quite a while. You do the work, I take the pictures, its a win win! I'll even bring air tools and a compressor!?!?! You have my number if your up for it.

I think I have to bring the boys to basketball in the park or something at 9:00 saturday morning otherwise I'm free?

Sorry, not this weekend. She prefers to wait for a "pay" week, as she is paying for the parts. When I do it, I will probably start on a Friday as beginning tomorrow I have Fridays off through the summer grin It's a nice way to use up some of that vacation time without falling behind at work.

I think I can do it faster this time but you'd probably get frustrated watching me work. I'm pretty good mechanically and electrically but I'm constantly losing time looking for that wrench I had in my hand 5 minutes ago...Oh there it is right in front of me! I also plan to bring the parts to my work (about 30 minutes from the house) as we have a parts cleaner. That works a lot better than a can of degreaser!

I've got a compressor and tools so I'm set. Appreciate the offer. When I do get to it, you're more than welcome to come over and snap away and have a cold with me. Or let me know what you want pics of and I can try to get them and forward to you. I plan to take several, as I did last time, so re-assembly is not such a hassle. Especially for all the wiring harness'.