• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to get titanium leaders?

I was at GM the other day just browsing and realized that I didn't see any titanium leaders anywhere. Did I just miss them, or do I have to order some online/hit up another outdoors store?

I didn't notice any there either but I know cabelas carries them.

I used to run them and don't anymore for good reason. TI is a very strong, but brittle material when bent in sharp angles. While they're great because they don't kink, they also have a long history of breaking. I say to steer clear. Instead, buy yourself a Boggs Tackle maker and a spool of wire. You can make leaders for the rest of your life for $50-$60 vs 6 TI leaders for the same money.

From all the stories I've heard of titanium leaders breaking without any warnings or signs of fatigue, I would definitely advise against giving them a try.

Aaron

From all the stories I've heard of titanium leaders breaking without any warnings or signs of fatigue, I would definitely advise against giving them a try.

Aaron

well guys I guess you have me convinced against them, thanks for not letting me waste my money.

Years ago, me and my musky fishing cronies had a few titanium leaders give out... usually at the site of the crimp. A couple resulted in lost fish. They did last a long time, but because of that, we tended to get a little complacent.

I started using stealth tackle leaders a couple of years ago, and have had nothing to complain about. In any case, it is important that you regularly inspect your snaps, crimps, and the leader material itself. The 130# fluorocarbon leaders I use are pretty resilient, but they can still get nicked... especially when trolling big cranks in rocks. When I see a nick, they get replaced. Haven't had a client loose a fish on a leader failure yet, and don't want to!

Dont----Dont----Dont put on anything worth more than you want to lose on them, they fail at the crimp and will cost you allot of cash one True Glide and one HR as Ive seen.

Its a fish that will push 50# maybe a bit more 130# leader is plenty if you have a drag.

Make your own solid leaders for glides and get a crimper and some coated 90-130 seven strand, done deal.

Stealth makes some great flouro as well..