Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom7227

What do I need?

2 posts in this topic

I got a 23 foot pontoon that I have to outfit with anchors, life jackets and such. Does anyone know what type/size anchor would be needed for Bald Eagle lake? I'm thinking about getting an electric winch anchor cause it would be tough to pull it in and not get blown away. What type electrics work well? Would I need an anchor for the front and another for the back? Any other ideas on what would be useful will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom7227, As far as the bottom makeup of a specific lake, I can't answer. I have a 24' Weeres Pontoon, for my bow anchor I use a 22# navy with a 6' length of 3/8" coated chain for cushion/weight. In the stern I use a 15# mushroom anchor. I have been blown off my spot once and that was with a blast preceeding a wall cloud that 'sneaked' in on us. Thought the canopy was gonna shred! We don't have a mechanical lift, never needed it, I have however brought up a lot of salad over the years which isn't all bad. Phred52