• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel Problems 95 F-150

I have a 95' F-150 w/ a 300 six manual tranny. This winter one tank started to leak when filled too full, so we just didn't use it. Now it's spring and I ran both tanks pretty much dry, truck started to cough and I limped into town. Got about 1/4 full in each tank and I can't get it started. It almost fires when switching tanks while starting but not quite. Soo my question is: does the truck need to be running to switch tanks? and could it be a prob w/ fuel filter or fuel pump? I greatly appreciate any insight cuz i'm kickin myself for letting this happen.

Each tank should have a "lift" pump in them and there should be a high pressure pump on the frame. With the switch on the front tank have someone turn the key on while you listen at the tank. You should here a buzz for about 2 seconds. Do the same thing with the back tank. Now if you don't hear anything at either tank you could have:

bad pumps

Bad fuel pump relay

tripped inerta switch

wiring problem.

This should get you started.

When I had one, mine didn't seem to? Nor does the 96 that I have now. I just turn on the key and once powered up, I could switch from tank to tank. Maybe by running them low, some crud got into your gas line filter?

I tied FishingTech's advice and heard a buzz on both tanks and am thinking about changing the inline filter. From what I read it says disconnect battery, open fuel caps and switch pressure relief switch on driver side floor before proceeding. Guess I'll swap out the filter and hope that dose it. Thanks for any insight.

i had the same thing happen. i put more parts to it and still didn't work, so i started to jump sensors, ended up being the tps sensor. that would be the throttle position sensor.