• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carlos State Park

art321

Our family wants to try out some different areas of MN to camp in. I was wondering about Carlos. Any input is appreciated. We'll have a motorhome and boat and will certainly like to fish a good part of the time. We are looking at late July-Mid August as weekend options. Any other place in that area that might be better?

Thanks,

I'd suggest the Upper Campground if you want any kind of privacy. The Lower Campground is like one big campsite.

It really is. However, it is also right on the lake. So you have to factor that into it.

Another option that is a bit further away is maplewood. I would not say that it offers more in terms of fishing but it certainly has alot to offer with lakes in the immediate area and within the park. Also the park is really, really nice with lots of hiking within the park.

Without a doubt where ever you go it will be busy that time of the year. I really don't let that get to me to much though.

Thanks for the good imput on Carlos. I got one of the last spots on a given weekend. It's one right on the lake. No electricity but we can manage for a weekend. Ihopeit isn't 90+ degrees. Tried a few other weekends and they were full already. Crazy! We ran into this last year and hardly got out due to every campground, private and S.P. being full. Not thrilled about the busy State Park aspect but it is a short drive and the parks are usually very nice. It will be good just to get out. I forgot to ask but are there any good private campgrounds around the lake or surrounding area?