• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Food Ban in Canada

SCAT

I was just informed by customs in Rainy River, Ont. that I cannot bring any dog food into Canada. Canned or dry. I have also been informed by my vet, and other post here, that to change food suddenly is unhealthy for my dog. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to kennel him for my annual trip, but both of us would be heart broken. Any suggestions? Thanks SCAT

I'll see Duckbusters' word and I'll raise another:

Jail!

It has to do with the beef issue from last summer. Don't do it!
Besides, I'm sure you'll find your food up there, or a very close equivelent. Do your homework now, and contact petfood sources up there.

Scat: What kind of dog food are U pesently using??? My moose hunting buddy is a snow bird and takes his GPS down south with him every year and he couldn't take his food south. So it seems to go both ways.

Canuck, I am right in the process of weaning him off of Eucanuba on to Diamond
Premium. Any chance of you searching for a dealer in either Thunderbay or Atikokan. I have tried from this side and they don't list any dealers in Canada. May not even sell up there. Thanks Go Flames!!!!

Scat: I am 8 hrs west of Thunderbay at Lockport. I will call around a few local dealers. I know they carry Eucanuba but not real sure of Diamond Premium.

I will check to see if it is a common feed.

Scat: I check with the local distributor and he said he infact imports Diamond Maintance from the good old US of A. They do not bring up Diamond Premium and did not know the contents of that food. They said that if the dog food contains Meat Meal or Bone Meal that is what prevents entry.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Wish this BSA or just talk settle down and lets just get back to normal life.

Any info would be great! I called the HQ in the states and they do sell in Ontario, but didn't have the outlets names just the distributer, Can-Pet. I tried that and no answer. If you are ever near Clearwater West the 1st week the first week in June stop in for a Blue and say hello! Do you do any bowhunting in your area? Thanks SCAT

Just came back from Atikocan, Ont. On the way accross the border I had my papaers checked for my dogs rabies shots and no mention was made as to dog food and treats. i had a 5 gallon bucket, which if asked I would of declared. I went through at Pigeon River. My father went through at Rainy River and they didn't ask to see the papers, but did tell him he couldn't bring any dog food in. He didn't have any. Draw your own conclusions folks...