• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow goose reports

Thought I would start it off!!

Reports of some geese entering the state of ND as I type this. Just north of Sand lake theres been a few flocks. Also around the Ligderwood area. And of course around Teawaken.

I dont know if Ill be hunting the SOB's this year but I can still post reports!!

Good Luck hunting!!

Sorry for the late response. Farmers and hunters are the source. Most geese over the weekend were seen just north of the border in South Eastern ND. I had a few friends out and they didnt do very good. Lots of guys with decoys out too.

If you can find the pockets of birds you were good to go. From Saturday to Sunday the birds didnt migrate much.

Me think your source is a North Dakota based hunting source and they have you fooled hook line and sinker.

The geese are in SD with some trying to push into the southern tier counties.

Roads washed out all over ND. Be careful if you go to ND.

Go to the ND G&F web site for basic fairly up-to-date information. They are usually good on noting where the main flocks are in the state.

If they are missing the lead flocks - who cares ... old, flighty birds anyways.

G&F tends to miss the trailing juvey flocks - these real nice sized flocks of young birds take their time moving north since they are not nesting this year. G&F will say geese are gone, but these flocks will remain scattered across the state.

Locations are where you find them ... not many are going to spill this info across the net.

Dumb birds or not, the point is to decrease the population as much as possible!!

The last weekend in April 2 years ago we got 365 geese between 2 of us and not one of them was a juvie!! So the adult birds can be hunted if you have the right set up and the right field!!

Lots and Lots of birds Northwest of Fargo about an hour or so!! By this weekend the DL area will be prime.

Oh yeah!! I agree!! been there done that!! it's kinda hard not shooting a juvie when you shoot that many geese in that short of time.. that's all. I like shooting the adult birds anyways.. they look better when it comes to taking pictures.

My buddy got a adult blue goose last weekend around Foreman and it was 18 years old or older!! I shot a snow 2 years ago that was banded and it was at least 22 years old. These older birds have seen it all but they can get stupid when not hunted for awhile. Imagine how many miles a 20 year old bird puts on!!WOW And how many decoy spreads they have seen!!