• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie Tournament Information

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Lake Washington spring crappie tournament or the Madison Lake spring crappie tournament. Usually they have the information out by now. Contact information would be much appreciated for either tournament.

how much is the entering fee usually for these tournaments? do they go by boat or by person? i dont have any information but other then the crappie tournaments what about the walleye ones? they should be comming up soon also right? anyone know any info about eathier? anything would be greatly appreciated.

The Washington one is now a joke. It used to be good when Stu ran it. Now it's an inside deal and fills too quick unless you know the guy running it. I didn't even get a sheet sent out and had been fishing it and received something in the mail years prior. Alot of people that used to fish it every year now blow it off. It is now only 50 boats instead of 100. They also ran it last year on a Friday, don't ask me why. This used to be one of the best tourneys in the area, now it sucks. Too bad too.

Madison, that one you can usually walk up to the landing the day of the tourney and get entered. It is usually not full as the weather can be nasty that time of year. Reel Fishing probably has signs up in their store or if not, will be soon.

After doing a little investigating, it looks as though there is no one to run either tournament this year. It sounds as though the guy running the Washington tournament the last couple years is no longer interested in running it. The Madison Lake tourny is put on by the MLFD but they just forced the resignation of the fire chief and from what I understand, she was the one to organize that tournament. It looks as though there may be openings for someone to run either tourny. It would be a shame to let these tournaments die. They did alot to help get the youngsters interested in fishing.

Awful sad. These tournaments used to be alot of fun. A good warmup for the open water season and usually a good time had afterwards!

That Washington used to be one of the better crappie tourneys out there. Too bad they might not happen this year.

Hope someone picks them up and does them right.

The lake washington take a kid fishing tournament is on with someone new running it. it is 50 boats on saturday may 2nd and 50 boats on sunday may 3rd anyone that wants info can call the owner of westwood marina 1-507-381-0808 rich derhiem

Update: The Madison Lake crappie tournament is now also on. It is on Saturday, April 25. Cost is $80.00. The bait shop in Madison Lake has signup sheets for both the Lake Washington and Madison Lake crappie tournaments.