• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pumped up!

thorski

Hi everyone! I am new to this snowmobile forum. I wanted to share my snowmobiling experience from this past weekend.

I have been involved with snowmobiles and riding my whole life. I grew up with snowmobiles. In 1996, I willing choose to sell my sled (for various reasons) with the intentions of replacing it, when I was able, with a new one a few years down the road. Since 1996, I have gotten married and have kids so, the purchase of a new sled was put on the "back burner". I have friends who offer to let me ride one of thier sleds but I never accepted the invite until....a couple of weeks ago one of my best friends called me and said...."dude...I sick of putting license and trail permits on my XLT and no one in the family rides it!" His XLT had not been ridin' in 5 yrs!!!! My friend told me, "come and get it...get it runnin'...and it's yours! I could resist it anymore! I accepted the generosity and took it straight to a dealer and had it checked out (clean the carbs, new hyfax, etc.).

Well, I got the sled back early last week but we didn't have any rideable snow until Thursday. Friday night I got home from work and couldn't get into my snowmobile suit fast enough...um...well...I couldn't get into the suit at all... grin...everything but my helmet must have shrunk! laugh After my wife and I got done laughing, I managed to find a jacket and bibs that worked, got my helmet on and took off! What a blast! Oh, how I missed snowmobiling! I was smiling for ear to ear and all giddy inside. When I returned home, my daughter was standing outside waiting for me. "Daddy, will you give me a ride?" My daughter is now 9 yrs old and this was her first time on a snowmobile...and she loved it! Then it was my son's turn for a ride. During his ride he had me stop. I asked him "what wrong, don't you like the ride?" He replied "No, I don't like it....I LOVE IT!

We (me and the kids, mom was working) spent the whole weekend riding around our home area having a blast. My daughter could not get enough of it. This weekends experience took me back to when I was their age and my family used to ride snowmobiles around the farm.

I am so pumped-up and excited to be back snowmobiling. I missed it!

I am so glad I accepted my friend generosity. This was a weekend with my kids that I will not forget. I hope I have introduced them to a past-time/hobby that we can all enjoy together for a long time to come.

To my buddy Rodger: THANK-YOU! I owe you one!

Glad to hear you are able to get back into sledding, and that your kids are greatly benefitting from the experience! This is my first year back after a 13 year hiatus, so I know the feeling. Happy Trails!

Pette-

Warning.........you wouldn't have to ask me twice! ha ha ha.

Next year???????????????????????

I know where there is a tow vehicle.....all I (we) need is a trailer.

My daughter HAD to go riding again Monday night! She is really liking it. I let her operate the control for a while. She seemed to handle it pretty well....SCARY! My daughter's classmate is the local snowmobile dealers daughter...so these two have struck up a new friendship. Oh, man. It has come full circle now! This could get REAL expensive, real quick. ha ha.