• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Record ?

i believe the deer in the picture was found in manitoba.

i'm 99% sure i know of the deer your talking about. i'm a official measurer for minneasota and last may at a meeting another measurer from bemidji, had a picture and scoresheet of a found deer he had measured. the guy who found it dosen't want it to be known where it was found.

last weekend i was measuring at sportsmans warehouse in fargo, and the measurer from bemidji was also there and showed me another picture of the guy with the head mounted, no pictures have been published anywhere according to the measurer. the pictures are the measurers who has to take pictures to enter it into b&c. the person who found it still hasn't entered it into boone and crockett.

i believe it grossed 204+ and netted in the 190's typical. lets hope he decides to enter it so minnesota can get recognition it deserves for being able to grow big bucks.

there was also a nice bow kill from wilkin county from '08 that should be around #10 for minnesota p&y grossing 185" and netting 181"

i called the measurer of the deer i'm talking about, and i was mistaken, the guy recently enter it into boone. it was found in hubbard county, the finder had been trying to harvest this deer the previous 2 years and said the found head was smaller than when he'd seen it alive. it officially grossed 203-5/8 and netted 180-2/8 typ. with an inside spread of 24-2/8 and mainbeams of 28"

Manitoba ? How about 3 miles north of Deer Creek MN inbetween Bluffton,New York Mills and Deer Creek(Leaf River Bottom). I wouldn't enter it either like they must be choosing to do. He don't need no slap on the back and a sheet of paper just the same as the guy who muzzleloaded the state record in 2005 4 miles away from where this buck was found, he isn't promoting that buck at all and that's just the way small town people are with strong values, they don't want any limelight, it's a deer to them, something they've grown up with hunting and scouting. That Leaf River bottom is an area that I believe produces the most consistent trophy bucks every year. Those fortunate enough to know of it, know what I'm talking about. You could fill an outdoor news with trophy bucks coming out of that area. But, all of that ground is private and most don't share to much with other hunting parties about what they have taken. My uncle regularly talks to the guy holding the horns so I'll throw Manitoba at him and see what he has to say.

sorry musky i thought the deer your talking about was officially scored. not to many found 200"+ the one i'm talking about was in hubbard county and officially scored. so the pictures posted are the deer? thought i saw that pic. posted in the canada section on these forums.

Ooops I'll throw Hubbard county at him if we're talking about the same goat. Needless to say it doesn't approach the breen record and the more I think about it, a guy from Motley a few years back like 2000 or something, it was in the MN Sportsman mag. took that monster 16 pt. about 3 miles south of Wadena, managed to see it in velvet, what a sight and I think it scored 188 B and C., still not the record and it looked bigger than this one or more symmetrical. I will call my uncle and see what the latest is on that goat.