• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oskaloosa or Eddyville Fishing Reports

Hello everybody,

I am a college student at UMD in duluth minnesota. I took an internship offer in Eddyville Iowa for this next summer all the way through December. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to fish during the summer or winter. or if there are good public spots to hunt pheasants in the fall. I would be willing to drive places that are within an hour or so of the Eddyville or Oskaloosa area.

Mento - I think you will find that Iowa has a lot offer when it comes to hunting and fishing. One of the better states (IMO) when it comes to tax dollars spent on public hunting land. I think the bird population was reported to be down this year but several friends that I still keep in touch with still have productive hunts. There is a large reservoir (Red Rock?) that is close to Osky. I have never fished it before but have heard the fishing is good there. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Mento, There are plenty of good places to hunt and fish around the Osky/Eddyville area. Red Rock lake is only about 20 minute drive west of Osky. Lots of oppurtunities for fish there in the summer. In the winter it gets a little more difficult finding fish but on Roberts Creek, just off the lake you can find some slabs. There is also Lake Hawthorne by Osky which I heard is good fishing, and the DNR has stocked some muskie in there as well. Also to the east of Eddyville you can do alot of waterfowl hunting on the Mississippi. There is alot of public land around Red Rock that holds some monster deer. My buddy shot a 200'' deer a couple years ago just off public land. Anyhow good luck with the internship, and I am always looking for some company if you ever wanna head out.