• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alexandria Trails Question

MNUser

My 11 year son and I are thinking about having my wife drop us off south of Parkers Prairie and ride the Bare Knob Trail to N. Inspiration Trail. Her folks live on Lake Miltona so we would ride back to their house. Is this possible? How long a ride is it? I have looked at the map and it looks like a nice ride. Can anybody help us out? We are thinking about this Sunday.

Thanks!

From Parkers praire to Miltona your only looking at about a 15 to 20 mile ride. There are a couple of ways to get there. If you google douglas area trails or DATA you should be able to find the local webpage that shows the area trail map and also lists the grooming schedule so you'll know when you'll have the best ride. www. douglasareatrails . com without the spaces

I loaded the data in GoogleEarth and I saw the trails on the map. I was wondering about the distance. That is an OK ride for my son. We would be taking the trail to the west and coming in on the west side of Lake Miltona.

Are there good ditches to mess around in as you get the to south end of the Bare Knob Trail?

Can you suggest an alternative route that would be about 50 miles or so? I have never ridden in the Alex area. This would be the first time and I may have my 5 year old riding with me.

Thanks for the info mamohr686.