• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help !! they've vanished

gman2002

my dilema, i fish on about a 1700 acre flowage with a river channel running the lenth of it. the water is rust and cameras are useless. at early ice i really got into the big panfish, fishing the channel which is 13- 15 ft deep and has underwater brush and trees spread out here and there. it's also only about 15 ft wide and the rest of the flowage is only 10 - 12 ft deep. one huge flat. there are some weed beds but are only in 6-7 ft of water,i've tried these and nothing. theres some points that drop off real sharp ,and i've tried the edges of those also.the last 3 weeks i've probably drilled 500 holes and lately all i can catch are 6 inch fish. does anyone think they know where the big panfish are hideing out? or why they've left the deepest water? there is some current but not much. i have tried up on the flat next to the channel everywhere , but no luck.i've tried to downsize and i've tried to upsize. any ideas ?