• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone had this happen?

pikerliker

I was fishing pannies the other day and had an odd occurance for me anyway. I was fishing with a barrel swivel about a foot above my jig. What I saw several times on my flasher were fish that raced up from the bottom right past my jig and they would stop at my swivel?! I also had fish that came in at the same level as my swivel and again sat there looking at it. When I would drop or lift my jig to the fish, they would swim down or away. I tried changing sizes and colors and still the same result? Maybe I should have attached a hook to my swivel. smile Anybody else had this happen, and what would you do if it was happening to you?

Thanks ~piker

Had it happen a ton of times, they were trying to tell you to down size and lay off the color.

I have a few ultra small unpainted lures in the ole tackle box for just those types of days. Also helps if you have eurolarve, or even drop down to an unweigted fly.

Another option is to get rid of the swivel and tie in a fly. In MN you can use two hooks. So, two rods OR, two hooks on one line. Give it a shot some time.

Yes flies have worked for me in the past 2, while sight fishin often times i will throw a fly on. A light brown and dull white has worked for me alot of the time. i will see nice crappies hittin my split shot and they will pay no attention to my bait, i love sight fishin figurin i dont own sonar yet. good luck man