• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with old eskimo/tecumseh carb

Wondering if anyone has a fix for my old eskimo/tecumseh power auger. I cleaned out the gas tank, replaced hose, diaphram, needle and seat. The only way I can get it to run is dump gas directly into carburator. I blew out the seat area out to the inlet for the gasline. Gas rolls thru hose so I know the tank and hose is good. Replacing the diaphram and needle/seat should take care of the rest.??? Please help, I want to get out there and bend my pole!!!!

Cjent,it seems that if they sit a while,the orifices in the carb get varnished closed.A few years ago I bought a carb kit for mine,took it apart,cleaned it good with carb cleaner,blew it out with air and re-assembled.It worked for a few years but towards the end of last season it started to only run with the choke in the half-way position.This past fall I bought a new carb for it.It was pretty cheap and it runs great.Good Luck.

cjent, you'd do better if you were to post in the "Equipment and Expert Info" forum. There's a lot of guys that'll probably have some tips for you. ......Can any of the Mods move this please? I dont have the faintest idea how to do it. grin.gif Oh by the way, WELCOME to FM! smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-06-2004).]

Thank you for the advice, Sinker, it's exactly what a small engine repair man told me this morning. I will post on Equipment and Expert Info next time "can it be luck?". I really have found this site very informative. Thanks again!

The Eskimo is running!!!!! The problem was that there was a rubber seat already in the seat (extra one in the bag too!), so when I put the new one in it kept the needle from contacting the diaphram. Duh! Went fishing from 12:00 to 5:00 today and caught 2-12" crappies and 6 smaller ones. Going out tommorrow around 7:00 a.m. to see if I can get them went they bite better! Right on the bottom in 30' on spikes.