• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crate Training???

erikh45

Has anyone ever heard of litter box training small dogs? A family member of mine is going to try doing it and I am just keeping my mouth shut and am not saying a thing to them about it.

As bad as my lab's turds can smell sometimes, there's NO WAY I'd let him use a litter box, not even in the garage.

This dog is a yorkie-[PoorWordUsage] that is tiny but would guess it will get just about 20 lbs full grown. The puppy does not excrete much yet, but a twenty lb dog will for sure have some bigger ones. Cat litter boxes smell enough already. They apparently got the idea from a few lady friends who have the same breed and have trained that way. I wonder if a dog ends up burying it like a cat would.

At least I am not the only one who thinks this is a wierd thing.

speaking of litter boxes my wife recently got a cat. She was amazed at how much the litter box stunk. We got rid of the cat shortly after it tried to attack my 2 year old. I never had the heart to tell my wife the litter box stunk because I was sneaking downstairs and "using" it in the middle of the night. shockedsick

Just stiring the pot but aren't great danes horses that bark. You don't like little dogs and they may not like big dogs. It just depends on what you like.

I fully realize that. I didn't realize that I was not supposed to express an opinion, though. Sorry to offend. I'll take my horse and go elsewhere. wink

Oh, and he very rarely barks.

Originally Posted By: rattlereel
Just stiring the pot but aren't great danes horses that bark. You don't like little dogs and they may not like big dogs. It just depends on what you like.

I fully realize that. I didn't realize that I was not supposed to express an opinion, though. Sorry to offend. I'll take my horse and go elsewhere. wink

Oh, and he very rarely barks.

I like your horse and I figure that since most of us do this as a hobby and not a profession most of the stuff on here is opinions. I vote that we let you stay even with the horse and the opinions. wink It is probably a good thing he doesn't bark much, but all the winnying (horse sounds) he probably makes would drive me nuts. laugh

Ralph, You didn't offend me and I hope that I didn't offend you. I like big dogs myself. I didn't mean to be a jerk!

I just didn't like when I was sleeping off too many adult beverages and got woke up by a huge dog standing over me barking. I sobered up real fast. Just to notice the little "kicky" dogs were barking too.

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
... I'll take my horse and go elsewhere. wink ...

Just out of curiosity, what does Sea Biscuit weigh and how tall is he? grinwink

9 1/2 months old, 33" at the withers (or 8.1 hands grin), and about 140 lbs. I'm guessing he'll top out at about 36" and about 180 lbs.

Originally Posted By: caseymcq
Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
... I'll take my horse and go elsewhere. wink ...

Just out of curiosity, what does Sea Biscuit weigh and how tall is he? grinwink

9 1/2 months old, 33" at the withers (or 8.1 hands grin), and about 140 lbs. I'm guessing he'll top out at about 36" and about 180 lbs.

shocked Mother of God that is one big dog.

He's a big sweetheart. Wouldn't harm a fly on purpose, but his bark is pretty impressive when he uses it.

Our neighbors have a Great Dane and a Miniature Pincher. I pity anyone who would break into their house. The Great Dane is a gentle dog, like yours, and is just a diversion, the MinPin is the attack dog.