• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Dan-in-Webster or Can-it-be-luck, I haven't been up to Yellow lake this year yet and have the urge to head up there.Do you guys know if they are driving on there yet or what the ice conditions are like?How about any reports on the fishing so far on Yellow? I use to go up there all the time but I have been sticking close to St. Croix county rivers and lakes.It's time to head back up north.Thanks for any info.Go Pack!!!

fished yellow last sunday/monday mornings,drove out from jeffreys landing
wasnt going too until a 3/4 xcab 4x4 with
plow drove out on plowed road,10 inches,a few small walleyes/northerns for the trouble,also fished clam flowage,same results
earlier in the week 3/4 to 1 lb sunnys were
going but not our luck,warm/wind slowed things down

cont' found drop off out from jeffreys,follow
the road 90% out to perm shacks on the right
5ft to 30 ft drop in short order,fished 10/15
ft areas,also 1st annual yellow lake icefishing tourney on the 10th out of yellow lake lodge,5 bucks to get in,maybe there
myself,lots of luck,give us an update

tourney runs from 9-3,tickets are $5
gas auger grand prize along with $100 for largest northern,walleye,bass,crappie and
panfish.also door prizes
muskie bucks will have bait at yellow lake
lodge for sale

since this is the first annual,no idea of crowds etc,i would guess 8:30\8:45 would be
plenty of time,also not sure if you can set up ahead of time or not,feeling under the weather myself and plan on passing on the event...............