• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thought I would give short report after the weekend. Primarily known as a muskie lake, I would give it two thumbs up for LM bass.
I had particularly good luck using plastics offered by Catch-N Tackle. The ringin' tubes and Monster 'Doos rigged weedless performed very well. Natural and black and a gold flake pattern worked best. If more weight was required, I was inserting a 1/16 oz jig head in the tubes. Hammered them. Musky were hard to come by. There is a ton of forage in the lake right now. I would highly recommend the plastics offered by Catch-N. www.catch-n.com

Steve-O,
Thanks for the report! Always like to hear about this lake, I grew up fishing it. My parents had the first cabin north of Calderwood Lodge when I was a kid.

What kind of forage are you finding?

sloop,
My wife and I ate dinner twice at the Calderwood over the weekend. The food was very good. Mostly what I saw were small panfish and a ton of bass fry. I fished mostly weedbeds in 5 to 14 ft.
I had my wife and 2 yr old Lab with me so it was hard to seriously pound the 'skies.
I caught a number of 8" to 12" LM bass. Seems like the musky are fed pretty well on Bone.
Pretty lake.

[This message has been edited by Steve-O (edited 07-14-2003).]