• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice/fishing report

Hi!
Went to Yellow first this am. Still had ice on half of it so I didn't fish there. Ice looked like it we be gone by the end of today. Went to a small lake south of Yellow and picked up 15 crappie, most about 10". It was nice to see them biting already, didn't know what to expect. About 8' of water, sw (sheltered) side of the lake.
Looked like all lakes south of Webster were clear or would be clear of ice before the end of this hot, windy day.
Time to go get 'em guys!

maybe heading up this weekend to pick up the boat,stored on yellow river.would like to get
out and chase some panfish.any suggestions
areas that people have been out to already?
thoought it might be a little early with ice just out but your report sounds promising....

Hi Again!

Took my eight year old yesterday to try for crappies in the Siren area. Tried a souple of lakes, but we only got one crappie on each . All we need is some warmer days!

Happy Easter to All!

Hi Again!
Went fishing Friday with Pigsticka and my 4 year old. Went to 5 different lakes in Polk and Burnett county. Caught crappies on two of the lakes, just a few bass and northerns (accidently) on the other three. The couple lakes we found them on, once we found them, we'd have times we were catching them on every cast.
Most were running either side of 10". We kept trying different lakes trying to find the bigger crappies but nothin' doin' yet for them. Kept about 15 and let the rest go.
Must be still a little early, but they're out there if you work at it. The ones we found were in 6 to 8 feet of water.

I was able to fish the morning today with my 4 year old again. We ran into a few crappies on Yellow. Slow bite, but caught about 15 in 6 hours. Kept 9 for dinner.
Also caught a walleye about 18" and a couple 21" northern.
They're still acting like it's early.
Good Luck!

Hi CarlSpackler!
I was fishing mainly four to eight feet and had to do a lot of searching. This weekend should be fun but I'm sure you'll have a lot of company (crowded). Good Luck! Let us know how you do!