• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey, Smeds!

Howdy from a former fellow Bayfield Co. resident. I lived in Cable for almost ten years. Didn't fish for a portion of that, but have spent some time on the local lakes around there, mostly to the north of you. Fished Round lake through the ice many years ago a couple times, but wouldn't remember where any more. Like to hit Nelson in the spring for walleye, and use to do it through the ice for crappies fairly often as well. Hey, let me and Steve know when Nelson freezes over, wouldn't be aposed to a day trip down there from Souptown here. Keep us posted.

Set the Hook!!
Stinger

Ya, WELL, over 200....hehehe. Oh well, you know what Popeye used to say, "I am what I am, and that's all what I am". Oh, and by the way, 2 1/2 inches??....I don't think so, Tim!! I need three to four, then, I'm there "dude".

Set the Hook!!

Stinger

I will update as soon as it happens! First ice is a great time of year, can't wait! I used to have a fairly large buddy (ie:fat) who usedto walk out first ... now that I lead the way, I need 2 to 2 1/2" for me to not feel panicked. Love walking over a drop off with clear ice, and seeing the look on the face of newbies! See you all on the ice! Smeds <((((()><

I hover around the 200 # mark myself, but my friend was 375+! As long as you move carefully, and spud your way along checking for ice quality, 2.5" is the time to hammer 'em! Maybe by the 2nd weekend of deer season? Let's get coldddddd, and then get on em!
Smeds

And we're making ice around Superior, with lows in single digits and low teens. Let's hope it doesn't warm up and reverse our ice gains. grin.gif First weekend of deer season would be better, ice allowing. Second weekend I'm at deer camp with the rellies.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 11-14-2002).]