• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big pike video

Those are fun, I can verify!
Not certain on the weight, I didnt have a scale on me. But thankfully I had the camera and a tape. 36" Is approximatly a 15 pounder. Biggest fish of my life. Easily. Before this It was a 4 lb Walleye through the ice. I have caught a few 10+ lb salmon in the river out in Washington, but this wasnt the same situation for sure! I had 4 lb test on, going for Crappies. When he hit I has doing something else of course, so I grabbed the line instead of the pole to bring, what I thought was, the small perch in. We had caught about 50 small perch in the last hour, non stop. When I grabbed the line, he took off of course. Luckily I let him run, then grabbed the rod without losing tension. From there it ws a fight. He ran on me probly 25 times, and each time he would go for 3-6 seconds.

The worst part was I had NO IDEA what I had for the first 15-20 minutes. I was worried I would never see it cause of that 4 lb test. When I finally seen it under the ice, I was shocked. Seriously I never thought I was going to get it up the 8" hole. No way could I turn a 3' long fish up that hole with the light line. So I just let him fight.

3 times I got him somewhat started up the hole, the head angled. Then he ran again, I really expected to lose him while this was going on. But finally on the 4th time, he cam e up. The ice was 3' thick, so when I finally had a chance I went down for him. What a rush. If your not a fisherman you have no idea, this was fun man.

Snapped a few pics, let em go.
I had a buddy take the pictures underwater because I seriously did not think I was going to land it. Got really lucky.

I was definetly NOT as relaxed as the fella in that Video HAH!

Great catch, congrats!

viewfile.cfm?files=Chadbigpike%2EJPG

viewfile.cfm?files=chadbigpike10%2EJPG

viewfile.cfm?files=chadbigpike15%2EJPG

viewfile.cfm?files=chadbigpike6%2EJPG