• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stacking cook stove above blue flame heater?

Christopher Quast

I have recently just purchased a cookstove and a blue flame wall heater for the shack and I have room between my 2 windows 2 install these.

My question is do you think it will be an issue with the heat coming from my heater going up directly to my cook stove bottom or not?

The reason I'm asking this is because if I put my heater anywhere else it will no longer be in the center of the house but instead either be close to a hole or close to the bunks and if the answer is NO to the first part then which end do you think I should put it on???

Blue flame heater's work very well! If your heater does not have a fan most all of the heat goes straight up. Myself, I would want the heater in the center of the house if it did not have a fan. My last house was set up like want you are taking about...cook stove was about 14" above heater...it worked out well.

In my shack I have a drop down table right above my Empire heater. I use a propane camping cook stove to cook with. If the heater happens to come on when I am cooking I end up turning the heater down because it just gets too warm while cooking. The table bottom has not ever gotten hot if the heater did run. My heater doesn't have a fan either.