• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

halos and pitchforks!

nine-tiner

Me and the Mrs. went for a ride to Red Top yesterday and I have to send out a great big THANK YOU to the volunteers that maintain the trail system. Since our ride earlier this spring we could see that a considerable amount of work has been done to improve the area. It was really nice to be able to take "foxxy run" for the first time in a number of years. grin

Now for the "pitchforks"! Why do "we" and I use that term very loosely continue to ruin it for ourselves? I couldn't believe the amount of LACK OF RESPECT for the rules/laws in place to protect and preserve our riding rights. I could probably show others close to 6 places where "riders" went off the trail, around barricades in many cases, right past "DO NOT ENTER" in all cases, into wetland areas. It is so frustrating knowing that 1% of the "riders" out there are bound and determined to ruin it for the rest of us. I am starting to think we just might be our own worst enemy! How do we rid ourselves of the "riff-raff"? Believe me if I would have seen the violations taking place the CO/Sherrif would have been notified. madmadmad

Thanks for the update nine-tiner.

The last couple times I was up there, the Foxy Trail was closed. I also noticed areas where people went off trail. As you mentioned, it's a small percentage of riders who are doing this and hopefully someone saw them doing it and reported them.

The sad part of this is, no matter how many times someone is caught riding in areas that are not open, they will continue to do so. For some reason they feel they're entitled to do what ever they want.