• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
iceweasel

Bald eagle

iceweasel,

Go to the metro lakes forum and there is some good information about bald eagle. You will find that forum a little ways down from this one, near the Lake of The Woods forum.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• A good bottle of bourbon or case of beer might make a difference.....
    • Great feedback.  I guess I will go with the single stage.  Just wish I had a solution for keeping the plow driver from pushing our entire culdesac's snow onto my lawn.
    • I have a Gen1 Helix 5 and love it on the ice, but also use it on my kayak. If I were to do it over again I would have got the 7" or bigger. Its not so much an issue on the ice but DI/SI is hard  to fully utilize on a 5" screen.
    • I always use 6lb mono for jigging rods and And 8lb mono on deadsticks. No leaders for me I’ve debated it but it doesn’t really seem to make a difference if you have one or not. 
    • My thinking is the grease would make up for the gap, but wasn't sure if it'll still have too much play. Yet, don't want it too tight where it gets stuck.
    • I think the tube is DOM 1/2" thick. Was afraid 1/4" too thin and cannot find any other tube that would fit another solid rod inside. Don't want to get something I have to get machined $$$... At least with arm I can pull out and have another made if not good. Not sure how to make the grooves with hand tools?
    • I live in the burbs  on a cul-de-sac and the plow always leaves a huge pile at the end of my driveway. I bought a single stage Toro, and while I don't have a 2-stage to compare it against, I would definitely buy a single stage again. It's plenty powerful enough to handle the deepest, heaviest snow that accumulates on the driveway. When it comes to the pile at the end of the driveway, you just have to work your way though it by backing out and pushing into it again. Of course, if you're out of town or something and the pile at the end of the driveway freezes you might need to get out a shovel. But for most snowfalls I can clean the driveway in a matter of minutes - you almost have to run behind the thing to keep up with it.
    • Not a fan of leaders, far fewer bites with them on.   I typically run 4 or 6 lb test.  I do run 8 lb in water less than 8-10 ft.  I do this because thr fight is usually off to the sides of the hole, and the line contacts the ice edge at sharper angles.    
    • Just ordered the 16 piece jig kit yesterday. I am excited to get them and get out on the ice as soon as it is safe!
    • Hey,   What lb test line should I be using for Walleyes?  I've been using 4 lb but that seems a little light and I don't want to lose the big one, but don't want to get too heavy either.  Also, what's your input on using a leader?  I haven't but just wondering if I am missing something.