• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

little help

fisher

I bought a pop gun to get my dog ready for hunting. My he is force fetched will sit tell sent and bring back to hand after sitting.

Now I add in this popgun to the mix. with him sitting beside me I throw the bumper the fire the gun and hes off when I say no and call him back he sits and barks and jumps on me tell I send him. I would say thats a good start but I want him to say quit and close tell I send him.

How do I train this should I use the Ecoller or can that scare him away from the up and the force fetch and set me back 5 months. he was worked with the gun when he was a pup so that should be ok but I don't want to risk having a gun shy dog of course.

my be I should go buck to the heel stick?

hope you can help

thanks

krop

maybe try running some "steady drills" with the bird thrower using the gun. or you can have a 3rd person firing a gun while doing the steady drill and slowly have them move closer and closer until you are able to take the gun and shoot over the dog while he remains steady. this obviously is going to take some time, don't rush it. it may take you 7-10 sessions, depending on how he does each time.