• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1993 ford / mazda probe

i am helping my uncle with his girlfriends car and it is a 1993 ford probe with 2.0 liter manual. symptoms are it runs fine for first 10 minnutes to 2 weeks, then it won't want to run for a week. i tell him its possesed. so far we changed the fuel filter, distributer, cap , rotor, plugs, injectors. this one does have the fuel cut out switch in the trunk(was not popped up) seems to work when we activated it pump kicks out.

vehichle cranks over/has spark/ fuel

we come up with two options to this point

1 the fuel pump is going out

2 the pressure regulator which im leaning towards, when we turn the key on can hear the pump kick in not sure how much pressure though he doesnt have a pressure gage to check this

any help is appreciated

I would say a fuel pressure test is in order when this occurs.

What I can add is when this occurs, try banging on the gas tank with a rubber mallet. Just a hunch and with this time of year, I would say weak fuel pump if you have spark.