• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bogging motor

dhuth

I have a 75 hp Mariner that runs real well once planed out or at lower speeds. It just bogs a little bit while its coming up to plane. Its not a major problem, just a bit of an annoyance that I would like to work on. What do you guys suggest it is? Dirty fuel filter? Any help is appreciated!

What year? Could be dirty carbs, of if older I know they went to hotter plugs back in about 90, from our '87 90hp. It made a huge difference for us.

Good luck.

Have you had this boat for awhile and it's always done it, or did it just start doing it. Just trying to see if it's proped right or not.

One thing to try is activating the choke (primer) and see what happens. Just a quick push of the key. If it picks up, then you have a carb problem.