• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota model 824

oyamgr

Anyone ever experience this with a Minn Kota model 824.

Unit was hooked to two 12 volt deep cycle batteries and the plug was a three wire plug using the 24 volt and ground wire to power the trolling motor.

All of a sudden the motor stopped working. Eventually I discovered that motor would work when powered by 12 volts but will not work when powered by 24 volts. Unit is mounted on a Lund Pro V SE. Don't think this should make any difference but its additional information anyway. I have connected the motor directly to the batteries bypassing the boats wiring and motor will not run when powered with 24 volts but it will on 12 volts.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

It sounds like you've got a internal problem with the 24V system on the trolling motor.

Where are you located? I've heard Motor Clinic does good work on Minnkota Trolling Motors and might be able to help you out.

marine_man